Mission of the College of Nursing
The mission of the Brigham Young University College of Nursing is to develop professional nurses who:
- Promote Health
- Care for the Suffering
- Engage in the Scholarship of the Discipline
- Invite the Spirit in to Health and Healing
- Lead with Faith and Integrity
We are a community of scholars and educators engaged in the discovery and application of the Healer’s art that promotes health and healing and enhances the discipline of nursing.
- Provide a culture and environment which exemplifies and magnifies the Healer’s art in all educational settings.
- Ensure teaching excellence to prepare nurses and leaders, locally and globally, who provide evidence-based patient-centered care.
- Engage in interprofessional relationships, collaborative research, and clinical partnerships to optimize student learning.
- Promote a culture of scholarship and contribution to the discipline to enhance the profession and knowledge of nursing.
- Create an environment supporting the College and University mission.
The views and opinions expressed within this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Brigham Young University, its employees, or its sponsoring organization—The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The information set forth herein has been obtained or derived from sources believed by the author to be reliable. However, the author does not make any representation as to the information’s accuracy or completeness, and it has been provided to you solely for informational, educational, or entertainment purposes only and does not constitute medical advice or healthcare recommendations, and may not be construed as such.