This year’s annual Scholarly Works Conference brings a special treat for BYU nursing students: a chance to hear from the world-renowned nursing expert Dr. Stephanie L. Ferguson.
Dr. Ferguson has years of experience in the health industry. She founded and is president of a health-consulting firm that has clients all over the world. Her travels have seen her visit over 140 countries.
Her employers have included the World Health Organization and the White House. Leadership has been a defining character of her career, with positions including:
- Elected member of the National Academy of Medicine/Institute of Medicine
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the U.S. Catholic health Association
- Director of the International Council of Nurses’ Leadership for Global Change Programme
- Co-chair of the American Academy of Nursing’s Institute for Nursing Leadership
- Director of the Washington Health Policy Institute in the Center for Health Policy, Research and Ethics
- Director of the ICN-Burdett Global Nursing Leadership Institute, located in Switzerland
Dr. Ferguson’s topic is “Building and Sustaining Healthy Nations: Leading the Way Forward.” While registration for the conference is now closed, the college will provide information next week about Dr. Ferguson’s presentation, as well as about select breakout sessions.